|The Early Bird catches the worm. No worms for me on Sunday!|
As we wrap up another Diabetes Blog Week, let’s share a few of our favorite things from the week. This can be anything from a #DBlogWeek post you loved, a fantastic new-to-you blog you found, a picture someone included in a post that spoke to you, or comment left on your blog that made you smile. Anything you liked is worth sharing!
Okay, this post was due last Sunday but I just didn't get to the page last Sunday. I am sorry.
I am also going to go off script here a bit and give you a list of my favorite things I have learned since I started writing this blog.
1. I am constantly amazed by the support in the on line diabetes community. It is fantastic. If you have diabetes or are a diabetes caregiver, you have fallen in with the best, most supportive people. I am sorry you are here but happy that you can find such great people.
|A virtual bouquet for Karen for all she had done for the diabetes community.|
2. Somehow near the beginning of my journey of blogging about diabetes (and blogging at all!) I ran across Karen Graffeo's blog, Bitter~Sweet. What a treasure! I feel that was one of my lucky days. I love her posts and her fantastic participation in the diabetes community. She is the fantastic hostess of DBlog Week. Hip Hip Hurray for Karen!
3. During my first Diabetes Blog Week, I ran across, d-meanderings and have enjoyed her posts, her attitude, and her travels (through diabetes).
Just a note, both of these blogs are women dealing with a different type of diabetes than Silent Sam has. While their issues seem so hard for me to imagine, they are always upbeat and write a post that is educational and usually fun.
4. There were so many new blogs for me to check out this week. Of course, I check some out but did not keep track of them... My bad. Thanks to all the participants as you made the whole thing so interesting!
5. Last but not least, I have gotten to share my family's adventures and I have have learned so much more than I would have learned without this blog. Thanks for reading and hopefully laughing with us.
On to DBlog Week 2015!