Thursday, November 28, 2013
Thanksgiving - Try One or Two Changes
Happy Thanksgiving from the 9 Inch Plate! We are so thankful that you read this blog and stay in touch with us. Silent Sam appreciates the support and well wishes!
As we get ready to eat our way through the day, let's try and make one change for the better. Now, if you always behave yourself, this isn't for you. But if, like most, you give in to temptation (especially today!) then how about making one or two changes that might not be that hard but will help your health.
For example you could -
1. Forgo the whipped cream on the pumpkin pie.
2. Not put gravy on everything. Stick to the potatoes and taste the rest without gravy.
3. Watch your plate size. Remember the 9 inch plate concept?
4. Drink a full glass of water in between each alcoholic beverage.
5. Go for a walk around the block after dinner - wait - after you have cleaned up for dinner if you didn't cook.
6. Eat your salad and vegetables first.
7. Skip the rolls.
8. Put your fork down in between bites.
9. Drink a full glass of water before you sit down to eat.
10. Try and remember the term "moderation". Take smaller portions and eat slower.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We wish you the best!
Thanks for reading!